Get ready to go glamorous! Our limited edition AW11 make-up collection has just landed and we can’t wait to give our bags a new season makeover. We love the sophisticated palette and tortoiseshell packaging so much, we had to ask Lizzie Dawson, one of the lovely designers who worked on the collection to share what inspired it: “After seeing the way Parisian girls apply their make-up, with such neatness and precision, I imagined the type of grown-up products I would find in their handbag. It was very much inspired by the glamour of the early 70s. This collection emanates the decadent feel of the period, epitomising the idea of glossy polished beauty. Smoke & Mirrors rebels against the grunge glamour of trends past by concentrating on a more alluring, captivating look.”
To help you get the Perfectly Polished look as shot on the lovely Anais, Hannah Murray – one of the industry’s most sought after make-up artists – talks you through the application process step-by-step.
To create the Perfectly Polished look:
– Using Eye Palette ‘Secret Liaisons’, apply pale beige or pink eyeshadow onto your eyelid and up to brows
– Apply brown matte shadow to socket
– Bring the brown matte shadow underneath bottom lashes to create wide eyes
– Thickly coat top and bottom lashes with Lash Extender mascara
– Blend ‘Glow’ highlighter into cheekbones, forehead, nose, cupids bow, chin and browbone to give luxurious sheen
– Sweep bronzer under cheekbones to define
– Add blusher onto apples of cheeks
– Apply the creamy beige lipstick straight
– Groom brows with a touch of Balm
Watch Hannah applying this look…
For beauty insider tips from Grazia’s Lauren Murdoch-Smith and Beauty PR account director Eloise Taylor, be sure to read our latest make-up feature! And if you love this collection as much as we do, don't miss out and enter our competition to win one of eight Smoke & Mirrors beauty sets.