(Photo by Katie Wilson)
Calling all pet owners! Think your cat is the cutest? Your dog a big deal? Then make sure you enter our amazing sock star competition for the chance to see your furry friend on a pair of Topshop socks!
To enter, simply tweet or Instagram a picture of your pet @Topshop with the hashtag #TopPets by 26th January at midnight and we’ll pick the UK and US winner with the most adorable pet picture to appear on the socks that will be sold in store. Winners will also receive a £250 Gift Card to spend in Topshop and a pair of the winning socks, of course!
Not only will we be looking for the most fabulous looking pet but we have to make sure the picture you send in is compatible with our requirements so we can print it most effectively on our socks! So check out the guide below and read ours T&C’s for the UK and US.
Good luck animal lovers!
1. Where possible, photos should be taken in natural daylight
2. Images should be taken straight on with the animal facing directly to the camera
3. Let the camera focus to avoid blurry shots
4. Take multiple shots incase the subject moves or blinks – choose the best to tweet or Instagram afterwards
5. Photos should be a headshot including at least the neck & shoulders
1. Get so close to the subject that the photo becomes out of focus
2. Get too far away from the subject – around 1m away is about the ideal distance for a cat, small-medium dog. Larger dogs 1-2m away to enable the shoulders and body to fit
3. Use images taken in badly lit, dull/dark settings – this especially affects whites, making it look too green or red
4. Images should be directly taken of the subject & not of reflections
5. Avoid choosing blurred images where the subject is moving